Appliance maintenance is an important part of keeping your home running smoothly. By taking care of your appliances, you can help them last longer, avoid costly repairs & keep your family safe.
Section 1: Washing Machine Appliance Maintenance Ideas
A washing machine is a machine that washes clothes. It uses water and soap to clean the clothes. There are a lot of things that you can do to keep your washing machine running smoothly. Here are some easy preventive tips for washing machines:
- Clean the pump/filters.
- Check the water level.
- Look at the door gaskets and seals for any mold or build-up.
- Listen for any noises.
- Clean out the soap container regularly.
- Wipe & leave the front load washer door open to prevent mold or bad smells
Section 2: Dryer Appliance Maintenance Ideas
There are a few things that can be done to maintain your dryer’s efficiency and lifespan.
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about your dryer. But according to the National Fire Protection Association, dryers are one of the most common home fire hazards. That’s because they’re often left unattended and loaded with clothes. Dryers that are stuffed with lint in the lint trap & have a build-up of lint inside the appliance, as well as a clogged dryer vent hose, can create a fire in the dryer.
Here are some tips to help keep your dryer safe and in good working order:
- Always check the lint filter after every cycle. It’s easy to forget to do this, but a clogged filter can cause your dryer to overheat and catch fire.
- Make sure the exhaust is clear and free of any obstructions.
- Check the door hinges and seals for wear and tear.
Section 3: Refrigerator Maintenance Ideas
One of the most common appliances in a home is the refrigerator. It is important to keep it in good condition to keep your food fresh. There are a few easy steps you can take to help your refrigerator last longer:
- Clean the interior and exterior of the unit with warm soapy water.
- Replace the water filter as necessary.
- Feel the interior walls of the unit. If the walls feel warm or hot to the touch then you need to call a professional to come to check the compressor and motor for wear and tear.
- Check the temperatures of the refrigerator and freezer to make sure that your food is safe. The refrigerator temperature should be below 40° F. The freezer temperature should be 0° F or below. Bacteria can multiply in higher temperatures which causes food to spoil. Eating spoiled food can lead to food poisoning.
- Look at the seals on the door and door gaskets every few months. If they are starting to wear down, this will allow moisture and bacteria to get inside the refrigerator.
- Make sure you clean the condenser coils on a regular basis. This will help to remove any build-up and prevent your refrigerator from being noisy or having poor performance. One of the easiest ways to do this is to use a vacuum cleaner.
- Be sure that there is not too much food within the freezer, especially along the backside. This can prevent ventilation in your freezer and can cause issues with keeping the food at the proper temperatures.
Appliance Maintenance is an important part of keeping your home running smoothly. By taking care of your appliances, you can help them last longer, avoid costly repairs, & keep your family safe. If you need an appliance repair expert, visit our website and schedule service online today!
Check out our Google My Business page for real customer reviews & to see in-the-field photos of our techs at work!
At Accredited Appliance of Arizona, we provide the answers to all of your appliance repair concerns for home and business owners in Arizona: Scottsdale, Cave Creek, Carefree, Fountain Hills, Phoenix, Peoria, Surprise, Waddell, Sun City, Sun City West, Litchfield Park, Glendale, El Mirage, Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Sun Lakes, Queen Creek, and San Tan Valley. Family Owned & Operated. Providing quality repairs and superior customer service to residential & commercial customers for over 34 years. Our success is fueled by our belief in providing the best appliance repair service possible – where integrity is always a given, and every open door is a new opportunity to go above and beyond expectations.